Here’s someone who can definitively answer “Yo, Is This Racist?”
Andrew Ti’s racial-issues blog has birthed a podcast that determines whether certain people and ideas are in the wrong (spoiler alert: yes, they are).
One day, years ago, Ti was engaged in a bout of typical, boring office banter when a coworker mentioned the cartoon character Yosemite Sam. This person pointed out how Yosemite Sam sometimes utters a string of cartoon swears, among them the term, “Cotton pickin’.” (Usually when he’s crazy mad at Bugs Bunny.) It slowly dawned on everyone involved that they all had this same shared memory, and it had somehow never bothered them before. Within five minutes, Ti had created the Yo, Is This Racist? tumblr to catalog such prickly concerns.
So I’m just going to point out that the white guy in this photo with the hachimaki on (that’s basically a headband to help you concentrate on your goals, marked with a slogan like, Focus! or Fight! or Japan! In this case, the headband is supposed to read Success! with the Rising sun in the middle) is wearing it upside-down. yay.
- ucla-leadershape reblogged this from fastcompany
- allenbingham reblogged this from fastcompany
- lionofsatan666 likes this
- rantersparadise reblogged this from fastcompany
- ryankiefer likes this
- akihiromituhata likes this
- luckyno8 likes this
- tazgodamunne likes this
- meanttohearyourvoice likes this
- sunflowerchild3 reblogged this from fastcompany
- sunflowerchild3 likes this
- kbas likes this
- grungeofdoom reblogged this from fastcompany
- strongsight reblogged this from fastcompany and added:
- sarvin-babylonazz likes this
- dfong1 likes this
- meghaninmotion likes this
- fastcompany posted this